How Much Is A Build Over Agreement

If you sell your property, we will know that the sewers/drain have been built and that the work corresponds to our agreement. On request, we will confirm this information to individuals or mortgage lenders acting on behalf of a potential buyer. When a developer works with building control, the inspector checks where a buildover may be needed. If they are satisfied with the proposals and this meets our criteria, they will approve it on our behalf and the developer will not have to contact us for further permissions. Can I build a well? No, we do not allow internal wells because the risk of internal flooding and odour problems increases, even if doubly sealed blankets are used. Wells must be completely removed and routed through wells that need to be rebuilt outside of your extension, either on the sewer line or be relegated and connected by a Y seal. If your app shows an internal well, it will be rejected. These are more expensive in terms of fees, usually $100 or more, and require your building to be valued before and after construction. This means that two separate CCTV investigations must be conducted. If no construction agreement has been reached, the vendor should have a sewer line review and the records forward to the water company. If the water company is satisfied that the sewers are in good condition, they will give a consolation letter confirming that the sewers are in satisfactory condition. The comfort letter generally satisfies the buyer and its mortgage lender that the Water Company will not take any action to demolish the insulting structure over the public sewers. The other possibility is that the seller will provide the buyer with compensation insurance to protect against financial losses resulting from the construction of the property through a public sewer.

It is the fastest and cheapest option, but whether or not insurance is available depends on the circumstances of each case. For more information about construction via a public channel, contact us at For all excavation work within 3 metres of a public sewer or sewer, a Thames Water Build over Agreement is required.