Canada Social Security Agreements Countries

RESOLVED Working together in the area of social security, I have also chosen to stop paying social security benefits in the UK, so I am essentially trying to make sure that, if I retire, I receive a public pension from one or both countries. Any consultation and knowledge would be greatly appreciated! Hello, Doug, thank you for this information. In my situation, I am a nurse and have worked in total about 7 years in the United States on the TN visa. So far, I have worked for about 25 years (Post College) in Canada. So when the time comes to retire, do I have to apply for both Social Security, KKP and OAP and receive these benefits individually? It`s true? Thank you dear Doug, great and helpful contributions, thank you. My case is this: worked in Romania for ten years between 1990 and 2000, lived and worked in Canada for six years (all taxes paid), from 2001 to 2006, then moved to Romania to be my aging parents, where I have since my residency and work. Question 1: Given that the international social security agreement with Romania will come into force on 01.11.2011, does it apply retroactively if the aforementioned six Canadian years are taken into account (and into account)? This is intended for totalization in both countries, I would decide to apply at the age of 65. Maybe it`s Romania. Question 2: What Canadian pension benefits would I be entitled to if I added up the three contribution segments? Hello, Doug, I moved from Romania to Canada in 1996. Canada has signed social security agreements with Romania.

I am 59 years old and intend to retire at 65. I have a question about the postponement of the OAS; Most of the available information indicates: For each month of “valid” deferral, your OAS pension is increased by 0.6%. The maximum time is 5 years, which would increase your OAS pension by 36%. Assuming that international operations credit me with these hours of work and/or contributions in those other countries, how the OAS, GIS and sp assistance will be affected if I receive a tax-free benefit from one of the countries that are not paid to a Canadian bank. The combined annual income of my spouse and spouse is below the OAS, GIS and allowance thresholds. The right of access to social security benefits in Canada and most other countries generally requires that you meet certain minimum contribution criteria. For example, coverage certificates issued either by the Ottawa Department of National Revenue or the Montreal Office of Social Security Agreements should be retained by the employer in the United States in the event of an IRS review. No copy should be sent to the IRS unless specifically requested by the IRS.

However, each year, a self-employed person must add a photocopy of the certificate to his or her income tax return as proof of the U.S. exemption. Doug. I was born in Canada, moved to Europe at a young age and had my first professional experience in Italy from 1981 to 1984, 3 and a half years. Then he returned to Canada and has been working here ever since. Can I transfer the years of work to Italy to Canada to be part of my QPP (i.e. Quebec)? If not, do I have other options? Dear Doug, I worked for seven years in the British social pension system and worked for seven years before immigrating to Canada. Since my retirement date is scheduled for next month, two months ago, I filed my social pension application form in the UK to tell me that I am not eligible (at least 10 years) because of an insufficient contribution.